Tuesday, February 16, 2010


It was tough to get out of bed, but I forced myself to get up and jump in the shower early so we could get a head start out of Kentucky and towards Nashville around 9:30 AM. The snow had finally passed and the drive through town was much less nerve racking than the previous day. Kentucky really is a beautiful place, and a great scenic ride towards Tennessee. It was about three short hours until we arrived in Nashville.

Laura has never been to Tennessee before so we decided to take a quick look around the city and eat some lunch. The first thing we both noticed was how friendly people were here. A little different than the New Englanders I'm used to. I'm not saying people from that area are mean, we just use different words to show our affection towards others. "F You" really translates into "Hey best friend long time no see, how's the family?". Down here they call the men "sir" and the women "doll". It was really a cool place.

We walked up and down Broadway and checked out a lot of the small country bars and unique stores. I tried on a pair of cowboy boots and a stylish cowboy hat. I think I could rock out a nice pair of gator boots, but there's no way I could pull off the hat. We jumped back in the car after about two hours and drove another three hours to Memphis. It was really cold out and starting to get dark so we only stopped for a few minutes to look around. I wish we had more time to take a better look at Memphis. I played there a few years ago and was able to check out downtown. Another really cool and unique city. After a few minutes we continued on our way to Little Rock, Arkansas. It was starting to get late and we really wanted to get to our hotel room and relax for a while.

We pulled in around 8:00 PM or so. Even though the trip wasn't as long as the trip to Kentucky, the hours were starting to pile up. There is only so many days in a row you can sit in a small two door car packed to the brim before it really starts to get to you. We still have another 22 or so hours to go until we reach Peoria. Tomorrow is a big day for Laura. We have a fourteen hour trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico, and I'm counting on her big time to grab the wheel for a few hours. We will see what happens. Cross your fingers.

1 comment: